Steps to Apply for a Huntington Beach Film Permit
If you wish to film within the City of Huntington Beach please complete the following steps.
- Step 1: Film Permit Application
- The Film Permit Application is used to determine Filming applicability, site availability, eligible fees, and project scope. A completed application must be submitted for a permit to be considered. The application can be found through the link below.
- Step 2: Insurance Requirements
- If you desire to film on Public Property (streets, beach, Central Park, Pier) you are required to provide insurance along with an attached letter of endorsement on a separate page. If you are filming on private property, verification that the property owner has agreed will be required.
- Step 3: Applicable Fees
- Once the Film Permit Application and Insurance Requirements are accepted the City, the fees applicable to the shoot will be determined. As of January 6, 2017, fees will consist of the following:
- All Fees will be paid via credit card. Your Temporary Business License fee will be processed using the Credit Card Authorization form. All other fees will be processed via FilmApp.
- Fees are subject to change.
- Step 4: Submit Your Application
Once your application has been submitted, staff will be notified and will begin their review of your submission. Please direct any questions you may have about this process to Max Daffron at (714) 536-5547.
Please allow several working days for review and processing of your permit once it has been submitted. Applications submitted on a Friday will not begin processing until the following Monday.